Friday, February 15, 2008

Update: Day of femur repair

Update from Rajesh's dad:

Today, the 15th of February 2008, a surgery was successfully performed on Rajesh to stabilize the femur bone with metal inserts. You may recall that a prior attempt to clean up some of the fungal infection on the bone, resulted in a fracture of that bone.

He is recovering well in the ICU. Apparently he had excessive blood loss and required a blood transfusion. But all is well now. He is still in a lot of pain and restless from the effects of the anesthesia and the medication. But all in all a successful surgery by all accounts. Apprently within the next week or two, he will begin the process of physical therapy, which will include walking with crutches. There is hope that at some point in time, he might be able to lose the metal insert, if his bone grafts well.

Could'nt talk to his dad for long, due to all the attention of the doctors that are in the ICU right now, along with him and Rajesh. He said he will give us a clearer/detailed update tomorrow.

So until then.

Narayanan

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rajesh,

I hope you remember me (Lakshminarayanan 84A1PS278). I carry fond memories of the times we had in Budh in 84/85.

Nagendran (Pan) has been telling me of the setback you have had with your health and how bravely you were countering it. By GOD's grace, I have no doubt that you will recover completely.

I am in Chennai now and would like to meet with you at CMC Vellore on 29th February. Please let me know when we can meet on that day.

Cheers, Rajesh.

Lakshminarayanan

GG said...

Dear Rajesh,

I am not sure whether you still remember me; we met a long time ago for a very short while. I do remember. You may recall me as John and Laila Bosewell’s niece. You stood out in the jaded crowd. When we first met, Padmaja was heavily pregnant with your first son. I heard about you from my mother today and knew that I had to find out. I ran a search and came upon your site. You have some many people who have so much faith in you, love you so much and rooting for you. We will meet again.

Love,
Anjali
(Geethanjali Ganapathy)

Unknown said...

Dear Rajesh, I am greatly saddened by your unfortunate illness in the form of AML. I hope you remeber me as your neighbour who stayed opposite to your house in L.I.C Colony, Madurai. Nothing is impossible!Hope your will power will boost your immune system to fight againt all odds! We all remember you as Rajesh kuttan, who is a cheerful, friendly, helpful and a good person. Good luck and all wishes for your good health and if possible drop me an email and I can talk to you. Cheers...with prayers...Ponraj (dponraj@gmail.com)

blogger templates |