Monday, January 21, 2008

Update from Rajesh

Dear All,

Here I am, back in the hospital in the new block of buildings, it does look different, I am in room 709 on the A7 ward and my direct number to contact would be +91-416-2283938. For a second, once inside the room you are not sure which place you are in, the room is spacious and definitely is high tech, a lot of thought has gone into making the way it is. It is really great ! I shall try and send you all snap of this as soon as possible.

The only problem. My leg pain which seems to persist. Tomorrow I may have to go through a MRI scan for further investigation of this problem. A bone marrow may be done tomorrow to reassess my condition. Today my counts look very interesting and resembles the sensex index, my platelets have hit the all time high of 350K plus which I have not had in the last year, my WBC is 7400 and HB 8.4.

The donor matches are going on as planned. Some correspondences happening between the hospitals and the respective centers. Hopefully we would be in a better position to know the progress of this in the coming week. Possibilities of the matches from US, AUS and may be even Singapore. All options are still open.

Otherwise all of us (Dad, Padma, Kids and my in laws) doing fine and back to the respective positions for the next combat. All of us were down with a small Viral infections which started of with Varun and finally ended up with Padma’s mom. These are the side battles we had during this break.

Regards
Rajesh

P.S: Visited with Dr. Ramesh’s (refer to comments in the blog) wife. He was not there as he comes only for weekends so shall meet him later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Rajesh,

Was so much looking forward to reading your updates. Please promise to send us one every week. But I don't want you to strain yourself doing it. If you cannot, we will understand. Ask Padmaja or dad to just fill us in. If u let me or nagu know, we will make arrangements to put it up on the blog/site and send a message to everyone to look it up.

Glad to note that your counts are matching the sensex. Judging from your enthu, I am hoping that it is a good thing. Hope it stays high, unlike the markets, which are very volatile right now.

Also thrilled to note that the new facilities are to your liking.

Keep us posted on your leg situation and the donor search. We are all eager to hear about the news of a match. In the mean time if we can do anything to speed up the process, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards to uncle and Padmaja and love to the kids.

நாகு (Nagu) said...

Hey Rajesh,

Good to hear your count scores. Naaree is right - Hope your counts stay high and not match the sensex!

Keep the combat going and best wishes to find a match soon. We are praying for your faster march to normalcy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

blogger templates |